[asterisk-users] direct IP calling with extension

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Fri Dec 1 13:27:04 MST 2006

>Am Freitag, den 01.12.2006, 13:44 -0500 schrieb Jerry Geis:
>>/ All,
/>>/
/>>/ If I have video phones behind an asterisk server (with 2 network cards)
/>>/ and all the phones have extensions. Internally everything works great.
/>>/
/>>/ Now for people that want to call my video phones external to my office
/>>/ is there a way to do that? On the extenal persons phone enter an IP/EXTEN
/>>/ where IP is my server and not the phone? Can that work?
/>>/
/>>/ Would I have to have PUBLIC IP address for every phone NAT'ed through my
/>>/ server to make the call?>
/
>AFAIR, define a "context" in the global section of sip.conf. Any
>incoming SIP connections that are not identified to belong to any other
>context (registration) will come thru that extensions.conf context.
>Inside, just "forward" through to your proper local extensions:

>[locals]
>exten => 200,1,Dial(SIP/myphone1)
>[sipfromoutside]
>exten => johndoe,1,Goto(locals,200,1)

>should work. To get calling at a hostname working as well, you will need
>a few records in your DNS setup.

>example.com. IN A 123.45.67.89
>sip.example.com. IN A 123.45.67.89
>example.com. IN NAPTR 60 50 "s" "SIP+D2U" "" _sip.udp.example.com.
>_sip._udp.example.com. IN SRV 10 10 5060 sip.example.com.

>I suspect the first "example.com" line is not necessary (such that you
>can host your domain on a different server than that which runs
>Asterisk), but I did not test.

>HTH
>Anselm

THanks, this seems to almost get me there... Once I call into the server
and goes to my locals I no longer get Video.

When I call the extension directly I get video no problem.

When I first call the server at my IP address then it routes to my local
I no longer get video.

Any ideas why that might be?

THanks,

Jerry