[asterisk-users] app_sql_postgres gone in 1.4

Gavin Hamill gdh at laterooms.com
Fri Dec 1 09:26:49 MST 2006

Hi,

I'm putting together a system to manage agents with Realtime, and
without chan_agent. In 1.2.13, there's a handy (although marked as deprecated in apps/Makefile) PGSQL application to let me do this:

macro queue-addremove(queuename,penalty) {
        switch(${MACRO_EXTEN:0:1})
        {
        case I:  // Login
                PGSQL(Connect connid host=XXX user=XXX password=XXX dbname=XXX);
                PGSQL(Query resultid ${connid} INSERT INTO queue_member_table VALUES (\'${queuename}\'\,\'Local/${MACRO_EXTEN:1}@agents\'\,${penalty}));
                PGSQL(Clear ${resultid});
                PGSQL(Disconnect ${connid});
                break;

I do this because AddQueueMember does not INSERT the new agent into the table defined in extconfig.conf (I even have ReadOnly in odbc.ini set to No). In this way, I can preserve the state of agents between Asterisk restarts.

However, I notice in 1.4 beta3, this application has gone. Can anyone suggest what would be the best alternative?

I have thought of System(psql -h xxx -U xxxx -P xxx .......) but that's just horrendous :)

gdh