[asterisk-users] Problems with recording

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Thu Aug 31 21:35:19 MST 2006

Tim St. Pierre wrote:
> Try creating an extension with a lower priority that answers the channel
> first.  If you don't, the application will run, but the call will timeout as
> no answer, since it was never actually answered.  It sounds weird, but this
> is how you get messages like "please check the number and try your call
> again" without getting billed for the call. - Asterisk doesn't indicate
> answer until you tell it to, or until it bridges a call.
>
> -Tim
>

> On August 31, 2006 06:55, Giedrius Augys wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>  I am trying to record a speech with this command:
>>  exten => 205,3,Record(speech:wav).
>>  But it records aproximately about 10 seconds and asterisk hangs up.
>> Does somebody know how to solve this problem, I also tried with max
>> duration, but it didn't help..

Are you sure it is recording? Do you get a partial file or nothing? Do
you have permission to write to your defined recording directory?
Maybe you just record into the RAM and you cannot access the recording
directory and so, after the recording time in the RAM is full, it has no
other choice than to hang up.

bye

Ronald