[asterisk-users] Asterisk server crashes after two years

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Thu Aug 31 21:32:28 MST 2006

Michael Welter wrote:
> My Asterisk colo server has been up for almost two years.  Today it
> crashed.  When I gave the reboot command, it crashed so hard that it
> had to be power cycled.  I wasn't in attendance, but I can speculate
> that it had a kernel panic during the shutdown.
>
> Yesterday I added a PHP agi script, and it had been user over 1000
> times before the crash.  I don't think the Linux/Asterisk crash is
> coincidental.
>
> Can someone give me things to look for?  I'm watching memory, and it
> has 750MB free (out of 1GB).  When I restart Asterisk, I see 19
> processes--is this normal?  What else should I be doing to narrow down
> on this problem.
>
> Thanks for your help.

Have you checked the log files?
Do you use Real-time? Is your database ok?
Have you checked the hard disk space?

2 years Asterisk sounds "strange", since I can remember there was a bug
with the date a year ago. If you have not upgraded, than this bug is
still in your code. Maybe you just meant no reboot for two years.

bye

Ronald