[asterisk-users] Re: 911 versus 9.911

Steven asterisk at tescogroup.com
Wed Aug 30 20:05:27 MST 2006

Maybe play a recording before dialing 911.
" You have dialed 911, if this was not intended hang-up now, otherwise please wait a moment "
Then connect them to 911.

Yes they may not hang up soon enough, but there is not excuse for it.

We allow 911 and 9911 (in case they think they need to dial 9).
Maybe I will try the recording that I proposed.

Steven

http://www.glimasoutheast.org

  "Jason Aarons (US)" <jason.aarons at us.didata.com> wrote in message news:C1FE15183DA37645BC0633BC604E44F0030176C5 at USNAEXCH.na.didata.local...
  Is there a FCC or other North America requirement that I provide 911 versus 9.911.  I want to require users to dial 9.911 in our office, and remove 911.   Are there any statutory requirements or laws about this? User accidentially dial 9 then 1 then another 1 and hangup.  We've educated them to stay on the line and ever hang up, but they hang up anyway, resulting in fines for excess hangups to 911.

  Disclaimer:

  designated addressee(s) named above only. If you are not the
  unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please
  from your computer. Thank you.