[asterisk-users] w as pause dialing issue

Curt Shaffer cshaffer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 15:39:07 MST 2006

OK, so I had an issue where I needed to add a w when dialing out my POTS
line. But now when the calls go out my VoIP providers the w makes the call
fail. I am using freePBX and the only place I found to change this was in
the extensions.conf which makes it global. Am I missing something where I
can add this while using freePBX? W does not appear to be a valid entry on
the trunk prefix or outbound dialing entries. I tried to find a freePBX
forum from Google but the only thing that looked promising came up as page
cannot be displayed for the past hour. Does anyone have a link to a freePBX
forum? I would think this would be a nice feature to add so you can add your
pause. I saw where you could add a ticket to the Trac but I would rather
discuss it on a list before calling it a needed feature or open ticket. Has
anyone experienced this? If so how did you overcome it?

Thanks

Curt