[asterisk-users] Polycom 501 config questions

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Wed Aug 30 12:58:33 MST 2006

Hi,

I have a few questions on the Polycom 501.  I am using latest firmware.

1) When I press the "Call List" button (on the left row of buttons), I get
the call lists (as expected).  When I press the "Directory" button, I get
the choice between Directory and Call lists.  How can I make this button go
to Directory immediately?

2) I have 2 extensions on my 501.  (let's say 101 and 102).  Because of my
dialplan, it actually matters which one I dial out with.  When I pick a
contact out of the directory, it calls automatically using line 101.  How
can I make it call with 102?

3) In call lists, my numbers are listed as 555-555-5555.  Yet my asterisk
dial plan requires me (by design) to press 9 first.  How can I make the
phone put the 9 by itself?

Thank you for any help you may give me,

Mike