[asterisk-users] Agent solution w/o id/password

Artifex Maximus artifexor at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 08:55:57 MST 2006

Hello,

I'm looking for an agent managing dialplan/software/agi/whatever that
independent from asterisk queue management. I already tried this

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Agents+without+agent+channel

with no success but a lot of warning. I'm using asterisk 1.2.10 and
the dialplan above made for 1.0 might that cause the trouble.

So I'm looking for an agent management that not need agents.conf like
id and password for login. Instead if someone dial an extension from
his phone that agent (extension actually) login. If dial an another
extension he logout. If a logged in agent don't answer for a duration
automatically logoff. If no free agent on incoming call just play a
sound and hangup. This time I don't need queues just 'plain' agents
whos dynamically login/logout.

For example:
I dial 8301 and I log in with my phone (Zap, SIP, whatever). If I dial
8302 then I log off. If I don't answer for an incoming within 15 secs
asterisk automatically log me out.

If asterisk's queue managent can do this by default that would be much
better but as I see that only know the id/password solution.

bye,
Zsolt