[asterisk-users] does anyone offer truly unlimited voip in the US

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Wed Aug 30 08:38:54 MST 2006

At 05:02 AM 8/30/2006, you wrote:
>Packet8 is unlimited usa, or a more expensive plan for unlimited global.
>
>You have the use an ata however.

I think you'll find they're only unlimited until you abuse
them!  Most seem to have a 2000-3000 minutes/month limit written
somewhere in the fine print of their contract. Most home users will
never reach that so it appears unlimited. An unlimited business plan
likely still has a limit of 5000 or 6000 minutes/month which is about
all 1 person making outbound calls can reasonably do.

Personally, one I figured out Asterisk and SIP it became more cost
efficient to pay 1.4 cents/minute for outgoing, 2 cents/minute for
incoming and $1 to $5/month for each incoming number, at least it
does having 5 numbers for 2 people.

Ira