[asterisk-users] dialplan help

vivek at staff.ownmail.com vivek at staff.ownmail.com
Wed Aug 30 01:53:57 MST 2006

Dear friends,
  Does anyone know how do i convert hex to int in the dialplan. I want to do this:-
Take the sip call-id in hex, use CUT to extract the first part , and convert it to an int. But the math function ony takes arguments as int. Can anyone suggest how to do that?
eg:-
exten => _X.,n,Set(sipcid = ${CUT(SIPCALLID,-,1)})  ---> evaluates to E305CEC5
I want this hex value in int. But i cant think of a clean solution.
Please help.

Thanks in advance.

With warm regards.

Vivek J. Joshi.

vivek at staff.ownmail.com
Trikon electronics Pvt. Ltd.

All science is either physics or stamp collecting.
                -- Ernest Rutherford