[asterisk-users] Connecting two asterisk servers

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Tue Aug 29 12:51:06 MST 2006

Crazy Boy a écrit :

> Hi friends,
>
> Thank you to all for your response and cooperation to me. I have a doubt.
>
> I have two asterisk servers and contains two public IPs. One * server
> is in Florida (USA) and second * server is in Delhi (India).
>
> 1) Is it possbile to connect these two * servers?

Yes. Just have something like:

[serverA]
type=peer
host=serverA.IP.Address

In ServerB's sip.conf

and

[serverB]
type=peer
host=serverB.IP.Address

In ServerA's sip.conf

> 2) The person who is registered with Florida * server is able to make
> call to another person, who is registered with Delhi * server (like
> Intercom)?

Of course. Say user "joe" is registered with serverB, then within
serverA's dialplan, you can use:

    exten => 123456,1,Dial(SIP/joe at serverB) ; joe at serverB has extension
'123456'

Within serverB's dialplan, you'd simply use:

    exten => 123456,1,Dial(SIP/joe) ; joe at serverB has extension '123456'

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.