[asterisk-users] Standard for transfer via IAX provider?

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Tue Aug 29 10:23:08 MST 2006

On 25 Aug 2006, at 17:42, Henry J. Cobb wrote:

> Is there any standard way to signal to an IAX provider that I want
> them to
> conference in another Asterisk box located elsewhere and then hand
> off the
> call to the remote center after a short period of three-way talk?
>
> My problem is that I don't want to take a double hit for latency
> back and
> forth from the United States.

Probably. If the last of your steps is a transfer, and there is no
other reason for your local asterisk to stay in the media stream,
then by default asterisk will try and step out of the stream.

I had an amusing instance of this where both legs of the call
were in fact outbound calls to the PSTN via the same provider.
My asterisk stepped out of the call and left the provider's asterisk
bridging the call. It drove their billing software nuts!

Tim Panton

www.mexuar.com