[asterisk-users] DTMF between cisco and sipura going through asterisk

Benjamin Lawetz blawetz at teliphone.ca
Tue Aug 29 10:08:10 MST 2006

Hello all,

	we're having an issue with DTMFs being sent to Sipura's. Calls are
originating from a Cisco AS5300 being sent to asterisk which in turn sends
it to the Sipura. Connected to the Sipura is a legacy PBX (or actually shows
the same problem with a cheap answering machine). The DTMFs sent from the
AS5300 aren't recognised by the legacy PBX.

- DTMFs are recognised correctly on the asterisk (when we check voicemail)
- The cisco is setup with dtmf-relay rtp-nte
- in sip.conf the cisco and sipura are set to rfc2833

If I set the cisco in dtmf-relay rtp-cisco it works on the sipura, but not
on the asterisk.

Unfortunately I can only set one dtmf-relay mode on the cisco. Is there
anything I can change on asterisk or sipura to get the sipura to work with
the rtp-nte (or to get asterisk to work with the cisco-rtp)?

Any hints can help,

Thanks
Ben