[asterisk-users] Advice needed - asterisk & Mitel 200SX

Ron Gage ron at rongage.org
Tue Aug 29 09:04:45 MST 2006

Greetings:

I have a Mitel 200SX PBX right now that is experiencing some voicemail
difficulties.  The voicemail system is a SmoothOperator system - yep,
thats right, genuine 1995 Dos-based ISA motherboard technology running
our corp voicemail system.  In a word, boring and quickly becoming unstable.

Does anyone have any experience with implementing Asterisk as the
voicemail provider for a Mitel system like the 200SX?  The voicemail
lines are dual discreet lines (2 lines, 1 cord, analog), the boards in
the SmoothOperator are Dialogic boards (ISA).  6 lines are the lines
feeding the voicemail and 2 lines are signaling.

Oh yeah, the SmoothOperator system is also doing all ACD functions as well.

I need to replace the SmoothOperator system - now.  Hints, tips, ideas
would be helpful.  No we are NOT replacing the Mitel.  No we are not
shifting the PBX functionality to Asterisk.  This is voice mail and ACD
only.  It would be nice if I could recycle the Dialogic cards but that's
not a major requirement - I can always go to a pair of Digium TDM cards
if needed.

I appreciate any and all advice!

Thanks!

Ron Gage