[asterisk-users] Detect if cell phone or users

Dovid Bender asteriskusers at dovid.net
Tue Aug 29 07:48:25 MST 2006

Hi List,
I have sprint pcs cellular service and I discoverd that I am able to send a text message to a landline. If I do I get an SMS from the saying I sent a text message to a landline. Then the landline that I sent a text message to gets a call with my message (text to speach). I was wondering if there was any way for me to detect if a number is a mobile phone or a landline. Is this something that only cellular providers can do or can I have asterisk do it (I asume I would need to create a patch). Thanks a lot.

Dovid