[asterisk-users] Need help

hugolivude hugolivude at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 19:01:38 MST 2006

> I have these DID's coming to my asterisk box and I have a dial plan and all
> I want is that it should ring on my cell phone for 20 seconds and if I don't
> pickup it would then ring on my home phone. It does the ringing and goes to
> the next phone in 20 seconds and every thing works fine but If I pickup the
> first phone (cell phone), there is NO voice at all. If I let it go to the
> second phone, it works fine and I can talk crystal clear.

It would help to have an example from your extension.conf.  Also let
us know what version of Asterisk you are using and your Linux distro.

> The second issue is that I don't get a ringback when I dial my DID which is
> usually a tone which caller should get so he would know that the bell is
> ringing on the other side.

I'm thinking something like that shown below would work in your
extension.conf file.  I've assumed you dial out via SIP...

[your-incoming-context]
; Answer the incoming call
exten => s,1,Answer()
; Play ringing for caller

exten => s,n,Ringing()
;Dial your cell
exten => s,n,Dial(SIP/<cell number>@<SIP trunk>,20)
;Check for success
exten => s,n,GotoIf($[("${DIALSTATUS}" = "NOANSWER")]?s-CALLHOME,1)
exten => s,n,Hangup()
;
exten => s-CALLHOME,1,Dial(SIP/<home number>@<SIP trunk>)
exten => s-CALLHOME,n,Hangup()