[asterisk-users] Can I increase DTMF sensitivity?

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Mon Aug 28 18:49:29 MST 2006

I have a client that is complaining that they are having trouble with
Asterisk not reliably recognizing DTMF from some phones. The calls are
being delivered by ATT & Qwest over PRI to te410p's with firmware that was
upgraded about 10 months ago.

Can I tweak the "amplitude" and duration of what Asterisk considers a
keypress? (I'm in the US if it matters.)

What will happen if I tweak too much?

Can I measure the amplitude and duration of a keypress to help identify
the phones?

Thanks in advance,