[asterisk-users] Asterisk with PABX

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Aug 28 15:03:54 MST 2006

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 02:48:56PM -0300, Tux Wi-FI wrote:
> Dear Dean Collins,
>
> I am learning asterisk in the "hand", without use of front-end. But
> obliged for the tip.    You it affirmed that it is possible, but as
> serial? as I make it Asterisk to direct a linking for one definitive
> common branch.
>
> For example:    I make a linking of the PTSN for mine I number that
> this on one to a FX0 in my Asteris, that goes "to take care of" with
> IVR, let us say that I will choose option 2, I want that asterisk
> transferred to the linking to a branch of my on traditional PABX it,
> for one fx? , ai that I do not know. How to make?

In the channel configuration (e.g: zapata.conf for zaptel channels) you
set the context in which incoming calls start in the dialplan. This is
the meaning of the "context" parameter.

zapata.conf snippet:

context = ivr
channel => 1

extensions.conf snippet:

[ivr]
exten => s,1,NoOp(The call enters here)

In fact, graphical interfaces just make this much more complicated to
understand and the dialplans they emit is thus not as pretty and
comprehensable.

Tzafrir Cohen         sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755          iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406          jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org