[asterisk-users] Asterisk Performance without RTP?

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Mon Aug 28 11:39:16 MST 2006

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

> On Monday 28 August 2006 13:02, Greg Boehnlein wrote:
> > I've pushed over 1,000 concurrent calls this way using the SIPP program
> > for SIP performance testing. There was some tuning that needed to be done,
> > but it worked. Never went that far in production, though.
>
> May you share some of your tuning with us?  What gotchas did you discover?

Just making sure your dial-plan as efficient as possible, that you have
enough sockets and open file limits in the kernel, not connecting to the
CLI console, never, ever using cdr_mysql or cdr_odbc for your CDR records
(locking / contention issues) etc...

Lots of basic common sense stuff that you often forget about.. :)

                             KP-216-121-ST