[asterisk-users] How to set MWI

Michael Sampson msampson at yourccsteam.com
Mon Aug 28 11:12:56 MST 2006

This is what I have so far

[app-set-mwi]
exten => *35,1,Answer
exten => *35,n,Wait(1)
exten => *35,n,Playback(please-enter-your&extension)
exten => *35,n,Read(fromext,then-press-pound,,)
exten => *35,n,Wait(1)
exten => *35,n,system(touch
/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/${fromext}/INBOX/msg0001.txt);
exten => *35,n,Macro(hangupcall,)

; end of [app-set-mwi]

For some reason I get a busy signal when I dial *35 from an ext.
I did some playing around and found that if I changed the heading to
look like this

[app-cf-busy-off]
exten => *35,1,Answer
exten => *35,n,Wait(1)
exten => *35,n,Playback(please-enter-your&extension)
exten => *35,n,Read(fromext,then-press-pound,,)
exten => *35,n,Wait(1)
exten => *35,n,system(touch
/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/${fromext}/INBOX/msg0001.txt);
exten => *35,n,Macro(hangupcall,)

; end of [app-cf-busy-off]

It works fine. I'm pretty new to editing the extensions.conf files, why
can't I make a new app and have it work?

Michael Sampson
Information Systems Manager
Customer Contact Services
msampson at yourccsteam.com