[asterisk-users] Problem with a TDM400P

Mark Muffett mark.muffett at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 10:49:25 MST 2006

I'm setting up my first (and very simple) Asterisk PBX and running
into problems with the FXO module I have on a TDM400P - I'm trying to
connect to a standard UK, BT, POT.

The problem is that when I plug the FXO module into a functioning BT
line, it seems to make the line become engaged - ie if I try to call
it from another number I just get the engaged tone.  This happens
whether or not asterisk is running and even whether or not the zaptel
modules are loaded.

The TDM400P card seems to be ok - I get the expected line:

04:01.0 Communication controller: Tiger Jet Network Inc. Tiger3XX
Modem/ISDN interface

when I type lspci.

My FXO module is in position 1, with FXS modules in positions 2 and 3.
 The FXS modules seem to work ok with my config files (I get a dialing
tone if I connect a phone to them).

My zaptel.conf file is simply:

fxsks=1
fxoks=2,3

loadzone=uk
defaultzone=uk

and my zapata.conf is (at the moment):

[channels]
;
context=test
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
immediate=no

signalling=fxo_ks
echocancel=yes
group=1
channel=2
channel=3

signalling=fxs_ks
echocancel=yes

busydetect=yes
answeronpolarityswitch=yes
hanguponpolarityswitch=yes
callprogress=yes

group=2
channel=1

(I've tried getting rid of busydetect, answer/hanguponpolarityswitch,
and callprogress individually and all together).

Could I have a hardware fault? - if so any ideas what tests to run?
Or is there something else I need to configure.

Thanks for any help.

Mark