[asterisk-users] Make Asterisk server initiate a Call

Mohamed A. Gombolaty mgombolaty at noorgroup.net
Mon Aug 28 07:14:00 MST 2006

Dear All,

We need to do the following crazy scenario which is really stupid but
wanted :-((,  I need to make the sip server initiate a call on zap
channels and once the phone answers, it should play an IVR and according
to the choice of the called he will be moved to other extensions, we
plan to make an e-mail to trigger that call but I only need to know what
commands be used to make the server initiate a call ?

I have found some people saying they have done something of this sort
but no specific details on configuration, and some talk about a problem
in making sure if the call is answered on the other side or not,  your
help will be very much appreciated.

--
Thx
MAG