[asterisk-users] how to enable REACHABLE/UNREACHABLE messages in logs

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 07:16:14 MST 2006

> I'm trying to evaluate my path to several voip providers, so I set
> qualify=400 in iax.conf.  But, I'm not seeing any
> REACHABLE/UNREACHABLE or LAG messages in the logs.  Is there a logging
> option to set so these will show up?
these messages are logged with verbosity LOG_NOTICE, so, in the
configuration file logger.conf you must put the "notice" log level.
ie.

console => notice,verbose,etc
somefile => notice,verbose,etc...

read the comments in logger.conf for more information.

> Also, how often does asterisk do
> a qualify check.
that exactly what the qualify option does, specify the frequency in
milliseconds to check the peer. If you are using a qualify=400, that
is, each 400 milliseconds. I suggest to use values of 5 to 10 seconds.

Regards

--
"Su nombre es GNU/Linux, no solamente Linux, mas info en http://www.gnu.org"