[asterisk-users] How to set MWI

Michael Sampson msampson at yourccsteam.com
Mon Aug 28 06:47:08 MST 2006

I'm trying to set up a system so I can do something like this.

Dial a feature code like *34
Get prompted for an ext.
Enter an ext.
Push 1 to set the MWI on that ext.
Push 2 to clear the MWI on that ext.

I need to know how to set and clear the MWI for a given ext.
I searched through the list, the best I was able to come up with was a
post about touching a file somewhere on the server such as msg0001.txt.
Is there a physical location where voicemails are actually stored like
that. Does anyone have any examples of anything similar that they have
done. Anything dealing with manipulating the MWI would be very helpful.

--
Michael Sampson
Information Systems Manager
msampson at yourccsteam.com