[asterisk-users] RE: [asterisk-dev] Phone status

Mir michael.sysdba at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 06:33:36 MST 2006

Your are right, I dont have to invent the wheel again, and I'm getting
cleverer by looking at other peoples code.

But this does not solve my problems, I have worked in the PABX business as a
software developer for about 8 years, and coming to * is not all that easy.

For instance, * does not give you very good information of the state of
extensions (like we are used to in the "old-fashioned" PABX business), or
maybe I'm not good at finding the information.

I'm trying to port an existing Windows application to *, its a dialer, used
to dial and se information about received calls.

I know how to dial new calls, by using ORIGINATE on the AMI.
I can receive some status information via the AMI, but consider this
example:

I receive a call, which I accept. I get an event from the AMI, that the call
is now in the UP state.
I receive another call, I get en event from the AMI, that the new call is in
the RINGING state.

So far, so good.

I now answer the other call (for instance by the line button on my phone).
Both calls are now in the UP state, who am I talking to?

This, and many other questions, are currently making me even more thin
haired than normal :-)

Michael