[asterisk-users] lost packets when bridging zap and iax

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Aug 28 05:36:34 MST 2006

Simone Cittadini wrote:
> We have a machine with a TE410P in it acting as a client to route calls
> via iax2 to our central server,
>
> caller --> ( zap -> iax ) ---> ( iax -> whatever ) --> called
>                 client                  server
>
> often the called can't hear the caller (both machines on public ip)
> 'iax2 show netstats" on client machine shows more and more dropped
> packets on the local side
>
> if we use sip as the "entering point" for the calls all works well :
>
> caller --> ( sip -> iax ) ---> ( iax -> whatever ) --> called
>                 client                  server
>
> seems something in the bridging between zap and iax screws up, but I
> don't know if it's a bug or a misconfiguration, my conf files follows,
> someone has similar experiences to share ?
>
> /etc/asterisk# cat iax.conf
>
> [general]
> bindport=4569
> bindaddr=xxx.xx.xx.xxx
>
> disallow=all
> allow=alaw
>
> jitterbuffer=yes
> forcejitterbuffer=no
>
> tos=lowdelay
> autokill=yes
>
> language=it
> notransfer=yes
>

> /etc/asterisk# cat sip.conf
>
> [general]
>
> context=invalid
>
> bindport=5060
> bindaddr=xxx.xx.xx.xxx
>
> srvlookup=no
>
> disallow=all
> allow=alaw
>
> progressinband=no
> canreinvite=no
>
> language=it
>
> [authentication]
>
> [some-ip]
> type=friend
> context=ip
> host=some-ip
>

> /etc/asterisk# cat zapata.conf
>
> [channels]
> language=it
> context=default
>
> switchtype=euroisdn
> pridialplan=national
> prilocaldialplan=national
> signalling=pri_cpe
> immediate=no
>
> callerid=asreceived
> usecallingpres=yes
>
> echocancel=yes
> echocancelwhenbridged=no
> ;echotraining=yes
>
> rxgain=0.0
> txgain=0.0
>
> group=1
> callgroup=1
> pickupgroup=1
>
> group = 1
> channel => 1-15
> channel => 17-31
>
> channel => 32-46
> channel => 48-62
>
> channel => 63-77
> channel => 79-93
>
> channel => 94-108
> channel => 110-124
>

> /etc/asterisk# cat /etc/zaptel.conf
>
> span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3
> bchan=1-15
> dchan=16
> [...]

Only "one" of the above four "span" entries should have a "1" as the
second digit. That second digit is telling the digium card which span to
sync its on-board clock to. Pick the span that goes to a central office
and specify it as "1" and all other spans should be either "0" or
increasing numerical digits (eg, 2,3,4).

If none of the spans go to a central office, its still a problem.

You'll have to reload the drivers for the change to take effect.