[asterisk-users] Re: GSM gateway and FXO ATA

Martin Joseph ast at stillnewt.org
Sat Aug 26 14:02:51 MST 2006

On 2006-08-22 01:59:09 -0700, Tomislav Parčina <tparcina at lama.hr> said:

> Hi list!
>
> I'm trying to connect Analog GSM gateway (2N Ateus) with Asterisk 1.2.5
>  over Grandstream HT488 ATA.
<snip>
Personally I found the FXO port on the HT-488 to unworkable except as a
backup for power outages.

I found several problems with it.

1) serious echo issues (I have a long loop).
2) If the phone is answered on the first ring the call goes off to la
la land.  Explaining to users (or myself) that you need to wait for the
second audible ring on the handset's before answering isn't acceptable.
3) The device hangs and reboots itself occasionally.

This is all just an FYI.

Marty

PS I did test with the latest HT-488 firmware and all issues were still
present.