[asterisk-users] Re: Re: Attempt to setup paging and intercom

Steven asterisk at tescogroup.com
Sat Aug 26 12:43:02 MST 2006

I dug into my config (I do use paging over the phone but remember playing with it) and came up with this reference.

-----------------
exten => 5488,1,Page(LOCAL/PAGE5665 at ext-pager&LOCAL/PAGE5257 at ext-pager)

[ext-pager]
include => ext-paging-custom
exten => _PAGEXXXX,1,SetVar(_ALERT_INFO=info=alert-autoanswer\;delay=1)
exten => _PAGEXXXX,n,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:4})
exten => Debug,1,Noop(dialstr is LOCAL/PAGE${EXTEN:4}@ext-paging)

I do not remember if the LOCAL was required or not, but when I dial 5488, it does page multiple phone.

Disregard the ALERT_IFO reference as it is specific to each phone type. We are using Citel Handset Gateways to reuse old (yet
sturdy) NEC DTERM Series E phones.
We went with overhead paging because I did not want to even test how many phones it takes to break paging over the phone. We have
250 phones witin the building.
There is also an issue of the fact that a current call is put on hold when you page to it.

Steven

http://www.glimasoutheast.org