[asterisk-users] Re: Nokia E60/61/70 and SIP

Martin Joseph ast at stillnewt.org
Thu Aug 24 23:30:12 MST 2006

On 2006-08-23 18:02:52 -0700, El Flynn <el_flynn at lanvik-icu.com> said:

> Hi list,
>
> Just wondering -- has anyone used the SIP phone feature on the Nokia
> E60/61/70 phones? We're trying to see if this would be an OK phone to
> get for the company, particularly since we're already running Asterisk.
>
> Not asking for a review of the phone, but rather how well the built-in
> SIP client works.

<snip>

I have the E60 and and although the SIP client works with asterisk,
it's unreliable and not ready for prime time.  There are lots of ideas
for improving this, but ultimately this is yet ANOTHER VoIP product in
search of a firmware update.

Still, as a cell that has WIFI Voip connectivity, very promising indeed.

Marty

PS The phones IMAP email client can play back my asterisk voicemail
messages fine too.