[asterisk-users] voicemailmain

existx existx at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 13:08:01 MST 2006

Howdy,

I have a Debian box using Debian's Asterisk package. People can leave
voicemail for the extensions that are setup in the configuration, and
asterisk e-mail's the user a .wav file (voicemail.conf). This works
perfect.

However, I want to have VoicemailMain sit on an extension so people
can call in, change their greeting, listen too voicemail, etc.

extensions.conf:
------------------------
exten => 2999,1,Answer
exten => 2999,2,Wait,2
exten => 2999,3,Voicemailmain()

My understand is, that this should allow any user to call up. Enter in
their mailbox number (currently the same as their extension) and
password. However, I cannot dial this extension after reloading
asterisk.

I'm thinking I should add something in another configuration file, or
perhaps my syntax is wrong. Any help would be much apperciated!

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Jason