[asterisk-users] Wellgate 3804a

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Thu Aug 24 08:43:01 MST 2006

I want that each call from PSTN goes to Asterisk to the context for this
line. Within this context can be a menu or a dial command, ...
As more I read, as more I get confused, ... and each try is not working!

My sip.conf:

[WG88621001]
type=friend
defaultip=192.168.250.244
insecure=very
context=incoming_WG
dtmfmode=rfc2833
mailbox=88621001 at office
language=en
nat=yes
auth=md5
host=dynamic
canreinvite=no
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=g726
allow=g729
username=88621001
fromuser=88621001
secret=xxxxxxxx
qualify=yes
canreinvite=no

extensions.conf
[incoming_WG]
exten => s,1,NoOp(*** I am here now ***)

Wellgate settings:

Network Interface: IP address of the device 192.168.250.244

Sip Config: Mode Proxy
    Primary Proxy IP address:  192.168.250.20
    Line 1 Number:    88621001

Security Config
    Line1 Account:  WG8862001
    Line 1 password:   (secret from the asterisk setting)

Line configuration
    Line 1 (LINE)   Type: FXO   Hunting Group: 1   HotLine: 601
Registration: Not Registered   Status: Ready

System Configuration
    Keypad type:   rfc2833

Routing Table
    Index: IP Default     Destination: FXO              E.164: x
    Index: FXO             Destination: IP Default      E.164: x

*CLI> sip show peers like ^WG
Name/username              Host            Dyn Nat ACL Port     Status
WG88621001/88621001        (Unspecified)    D   N      0        UNKNOWN
1 sip peers [0 online , 1 offline]

Calls from PSTN comes to the IVR asking for the extension number and
than nothing happens. Asterisk shows nothing either.

Can somebody enlighten me:
1. Do I need to have a register statement in sip.conf?
(I tried register => 88621001:secret-from-above   ; Wellgate GW.3801-Line-1)

2. where to turn off the IVR?

3. Do I use the right  name, user name, line account, line ????

4. Hotline. Why, how, which number??

bye

Ronald