[asterisk-users] About IVR and Oracle

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Thu Aug 24 02:07:58 MST 2006

On 23 Aug 2006, at 23:07, Javier Lara Sanchez wrote:

> Dear All,
>

> I need to buid an IVR that could make a request to a data base
> (oracle) in a remote host.
>

>  The idea is that an user dial a extension with 2 options and one
> of them ask for a data (in the case a date). This data is the field
> that the data base needs to find the information that the user are
> looking for..
>

> Somebody know if this is posible or have any idea where can I find
> information about this?

We have done this by using the (excellent) asterisk-java api on
sourceforge to create a
FAstAGI server on the database box. (http://asterisk-java.org/latest/)

Asterisk makes a FastAGI call to this server, the server looks up the
query by JDBC, sets
the result in a channel variable and returns control to asterisk's
dialplan.
The dialplan then does the 'right' thing with the call.

This means we keep the connection duration to the FAstAgi server to a
minimum.

Tim.