[asterisk-users] Nokia E60/61/70 and SIP

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Wed Aug 23 21:46:01 MST 2006

On 08/24/06 09:02 El Flynn said the following:
> Just wondering -- has anyone used the SIP phone feature on the Nokia
> E60/61/70 phones? We're trying to see if this would be an OK phone to
> get for the company, particularly since we're already running Asterisk.

SIP works well with asterisk, with some caveats:

1. you need qualify set as the wifi radio on the phone sucks big oranges
2. the phone routinely loses IP connectivity, leading to reg failures
3. when two simultaneous calls, GSM and SIP, come in the phone hangs more
often than not
4. be prepared to reboot constantly for simple config changes on the phone.

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)   http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/