[asterisk-users] MySQL undefined symbol: __pure_virtual

Dan Brummer dan.brummer at vegas.com
Wed Aug 23 13:45:58 MST 2006

Hey guys,
I'm getting the following message when I start asterisk:

Aug 23 13:42:40 WARNING[29258] loader.c:
/usr/lib/asterisk/modules/res_config_mysql.so: undefined symbol:
__pure_virtual
Aug 23 13:42:40 WARNING[29258] loader.c: Loading module
res_config_mysql.so failed!

I don't know how it happened because everything was working fine before,
now it doesnt.

rpm -qa | grep -i mysql
php-mysql-4.3.9-3.1
perl-DBD-MySQL-2.9004-3.1
MySQL-client-standard-5.0.18-0.rhel4
mysql-4.1.7-4.RHEL4.1

I'm running MySQL 5.1.11-beta as a binary in /usr/local/mysql.  I'm
hoping this is not a problem.  I have recompiled the asterisk-addon
packages (make clean ; make ; make install) to see if this would help
but it didnt.  Any ideas on how I can fix this error and get my Asterisk
to run?

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4

Note: I have an exact copy of this server (other node in the cluster)
with the same packages installed and using the exact same configuration
file and it works great.