[asterisk-users] Cisco PIX firewall and nat=yes

Bill Gibbs bgibbs at edurotech.com
Wed Aug 23 08:53:08 MST 2006

I have a Polycom 501 that works great from behind simple firewalls, like
Dlink, etc however behind a Cisco PIX Firewall I see the register
messages for the extensions on the Asterisk CLI but when I do a sip show
peers I see:

702/702                    x.x.x.x     D   N      54297    UNREACHABLE

701/701                    x.x.x.x     D   N      54297    UNREACHABLE

700/700                    x.x.x.x     D   N      54297    UNREACHABLE

But I see stuff like

*       Registered SIP '702' at x.x.x.x port 54297 expires 60

I have a single phone with multiple extensions in the example above.  As
a test I changed that phone to a single extension (700), I see the
Registered line but it still says UNREACHABLE.

I know the Asterisk config is good because every device (soft, hard
phone) works and I know the NAT works because I've tested that out.

So...I'm thinking it has something to do with the PIX.  Any ideas?

Bill