[asterisk-users] How to set externip in sip.conf automatically?

Greg Delgado gregdelgado at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 23 07:34:02 MST 2006

The easiest way is to register for free dynamic DNS
service at www.dyndns.com. Then use externhost=
instead of externip=  in sip.conf . If you are using a
Linksys router like the WRT54G, it already has a
dyndns client which will update the dyndns servers
with your ip address everytime it changes.

Greg