[asterisk-users] Re: [asterisk-biz] Slightly off-topic: Opinions of Comcast and Bellsouth?

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 06:59:22 MST 2006

On 8/23/06, Alistair Cunningham <acunningham at integrics.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have an opinion of:
>
> 1. Comcast Cable
>
> 2. Bellsouth DSL
>
> for residential internet and VoIP service? I'm particularly interested
> in reports on:
>
> 1. VoIP voice quality.
>
> 2. Any NAT or firewall problems with SIP.
>
> 3. How long they take to install the service from date of order.
>
> 4. How friendly they are to 3rd party routers and firewalls.

 In Northern New Jersey here I've got residential Comcast at the house
and I have a backup Comcast business connection here at the office.
Both have been real reliable and after moving back in March I was
actually able to get support on the line at 15 minutes before midnight
to reset the MAC address lock on the cable modem and get me back
online again at my new place.

 We don't have any POTS connectivity into the house and haven't had it
for a little over a year now, and the voice quality has been fine.
We've also got Linksys routers with customized firmware in place at
both locations and have not had any inter-op issues.

 I really don't have anything bad to say about them.

--
Bird's The Word Technologies, Inc.
http://www.btwtech.com/