[asterisk-users] PRI and Asterisk

Kevin Savoy ksavoy at novo1.com
Wed Aug 23 06:28:11 MST 2006

I have tested Redfone's boxes. Tried two of them and was able to re-create
some issues. I did not have PRI lines but a 24 channel e&m wink line so not
sure if PRI is affected as well. I found that over time we had issues with
hanging zap channels. Asterisk reported everything was just fine yet people
got busy signals calling in and when calling out all they got was silence.
The CLI never showed any incoming calls that were attempted and when dialing
out it showed Dialing but nothing happened. I worked with Mark Warren at
Redfone and he was very co-operative and had an idea to fix this but sadly
we just didn't have any more time to fight with it and went with Digium
cards. As of this writing I am starting to get problems with inbound calls.
Seems for a couple minutes no one can dial into our office and then it just
clears up. No errors or anything in Asterisk to indicate a problem.

  _____