[asterisk-users] How to set externip in sip.conf automatically?

Larry Alkoff labradley at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 22 21:01:42 MST 2006

RR wrote:
> Larry, am I missing something but you seem to be putting the externip
> into the MYIP variable but reading some EXTERNIP variable through
> $ENV{}. Shouldn't you be doing something like externip=${ENV{MYIP}}?
> The other issue is also the use of curly brackets as opposed to
> paranthesis. The snip from the manual seems to use curly brackets but
> you're using paranthesis in your example above.
>
> Just silly things to watch out for :D

That was an very good catch RR.
I had _thought_ the curly brackets were correct.

So I went through both ways (with and without the $ in $MYIP)
making sure there were two pairs of curlies and the result was the same.
Calling a POTS phone on my desk from the SIP phone, cannot hear myself
talk into the POTS phone while listening on the SIP phone.

I'd really feel better with a method of examining the externip variable
in CLI but that apparently can't happen.  However, each time I just use
externip=xx.xx.xx.xx the call works fine.

--
Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX
Using Thunderbird on Linux