[asterisk-users] Asterisk, two eth and two providers

Delca delcas at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 15:19:53 MST 2006

Hi,
 I'm thinking on setting up an asterisk server with two providers. One
will let us to make international calls and provide to us a TollFree
number. The other will provide local numbers (i'm from Argentina). The
problem is that the local number provider requires a dedicated
connection and the asterisk server is behind a NAT.

There's no problem with the first provider, i just forward the ports
and modify the required firewall rules and it's done.
The problem comes with the second provider. They gave to me an IP, GW,
nmask, etc because it's an static IP. No problem with that.. i
configured eth1 with that information.. and works great. The problem
comes when setting up asterisk because i just can set one externip in
sip.conf file. Also, the packets are beign forwarded to the server (i
checked this with TCPDump) but asterisk doesn't give an answer at all.

"INVITE sip:0115272XXXX at 201.XXX.231.XXX:5060 SIP/2.0"

Does asterisk support this kind of setup? i mean two providers (one
behind NAT and the other with a dedicated connection) with thifferent
eth controllers.

If you have questions or doubts about what i said. Feel free to ask
i'm really looking forward to solve this problem.

Best regards,
Santiago