[asterisk-users] LOUD MP3 Hold Music

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Aug 22 11:19:13 MST 2006

David Freeman wrote:
> I have the opposite problem.  I can hardly hear the hold music at all.
>
> On 8/22/06, *Dennis P. Clark* <dpclark at denpro.com
> <mailto:dpclark at denpro.com>> wrote:
>
>     How do you lower the volume of MP3 hold music?

I'm certainly not an expert on MOH, but I don't believe there are any
volume control knobs to be tweaked in asterisk itself. You might want to
take a look at the configs/musiconhold.conf.sample file as there were
some parameters that impacted high/med/quiet modes, but I'm thinking
they only applied to the old mpg123 music app. Could easily be wrong.

Best guess... probably have to use something like sox to change the
volume of the mp3 (or whatever) file itself.