[asterisk-users] Text to Speech

Jean-Denis Girard jd.girard at sysnux.pf
Mon Aug 21 22:01:24 MST 2006

Kevin Savoy a écrit :
> Can someone recommend a good text to speech engine that is usable by
> Asterisk? I have tried the Festival one and it just doesn’t cut it for
> commercial applications.

Have you tried RealSpeak from Nuance (ex Scansoft), available at:
	http://www.nuance.com/realspeak/telecom/
I find that quality is very good, at least for my native language
(French-France), and they have a broad choice of languages and voices.

I have written app_realspeak to use it with Asterisk, in a IVR that will
go on production... tomorrow :)

Contact me if interested.

Thanks,
--
Jean-Denis Girard

SysNux                  Systèmes Linux en Polynésie française
http://www.sysnux.pf/   Tél: +689 483 527 / GSM: +689 797 527