[asterisk-users] Apache for FastAGI

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Tue Aug 22 01:10:38 MST 2006

Douglas Garstang a écrit :

>Here's an idea...
>
>Rather than writing your own multi-thread socket server for use with FastAGI, has anyone tried to use an Apache web server instead? After all, it does all that for you. I just gave it a shot, but Asterisk tries to send all the agi params to the web server, which it doesn't like it...

Apache is an HTTP server, not a generic TCP server.

Plus, using Perl's Net::Server is really easy.

Besides, if you don't need to use AGI on a separate box, you can use
perperl and get very fast execution times without having to worry about
using a server at all.

Assuming you use Perl for AGI scripting, which you should be doing
anyways ;-)

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.