[asterisk-users] lbProxy

Jon Schøpzinsky jos at detele.dk
Tue Aug 22 01:19:15 MST 2006

Hello

Ive been trying to use the lbProxy SIP load balancing proxy.

After I actually got it compiled, using the CMSOFAZ.COM version, I began experimenting.

I quickly ran into a problem. Heres my setup:

Phone -> lbProxy -> Asterisk

lbProxy sends all of the sip packets to Asterisk, but when asterisk responds, it chooses the port from which the request came, instead of using the port number in the Via statement. This is a good thing normally, due to NAT, but even if I set nat=no or nat=never, it still responds to this port instead of the port in the Via Statement.

Has anybody gotten this to work, and can explain how.
Im about 1 day away from writing my own load balancing sip proxy, but would love if I could use lbProxy instead :)

Jon