[asterisk-users] Manager API: matching an Originate to the Newchannel event

Nic Bellamy nicb-lists at vadacom.co.nz
Mon Aug 21 14:15:48 MST 2006

Hi,
    I'm having a bit of trouble matching up Newchannel (and Newexten,
etc. etc.) events with the Originate that created them.

Basically, what I want to do is have software automatically initiate a
call, and then track the status of that call through to completion.

I can match to some degree with the Channel name in later events, but I
can't see a way to do this that isn't inherently racey - ie. the person
dials out, or someone calls in, at the same time as I'm doing my
Originate, I'm not going to be able to match the events with any degree
of certainty.

Am I missing the obvious somewhere?

Cheers,
    Nic.