[asterisk-users] Text to Speech

Time Bandit timebandit001 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 13:23:03 MST 2006

N.B.: Please use plain text when sending to this list

> Can someone recommend a good text to speech engine that is usable by Asterisk? I have tried the Festival one and it just doesn't cut it for commercial applications.
>

> We are willing to pay for a good one that works. Anyone tried the AT&T speech engine? The IBM ViaVoice sounds no better then Festival.

You have flite that is free and, IMHO better than festival
(http://nerdvittles.com/index.php?p=134).

I also tried Prophecy (http://www.voxeo.com/) but I'm still waiting
for the Linux version as I don't have time to babysit a Windows server
:)

hth