[asterisk-users] Variable to show caller id for a current call?

Mon Aug 21 12:54:21 MST 2006

But how do you get that with GetVar?  I am trying to do this through the
API.  I tried:
Action: GetVar
Variable CALLERID(227)

and I tries:
Action: GetVar
Variable ${CALLERID(227)}

Neither returned anything.

How can I do this?  Alternately... Is there a way to have a program
fired off when an extension rings that will have the caller id passed to
it as part of the call?