[asterisk-users] Polycom IP430 won't finish boot

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 09:18:56 MST 2006

Hi Doug -

> Let me start by saying when I first plugged it in, I didn't have the
> files set up on my ftp server yet, and the phone used it's default
> settings and it completed bootup.  Now...
>
> I started with sip v1.6.6b and bootrom 3.1.3 on the ftp server.  Phone
> boots, d/l's files, reaches "Welcome" screen and stops.  After several
> minutes, it will reboot on it's own.  So, I copied the v1.6.7 sip
> firmware using default files (sip.cfg, phone1.cfg ) and still doing
> same thing.

One thing you could try that may or may not help:  a different FTP
server.  I've been using ProFTPd (particularly because you can
configure it to use the Polycom default username and password, so you
don't have to manually type in those settings on each phone).

If that doesn't do it, go for Polycom support.  It sounds like you're
doing everything according to their book, and it isn't working.  If
so, they should be the ones to fix it.

- Noah