[asterisk-users] Choppy sound zap-to-sip, but not sip-to-sip?

jan.sarin at securia.se jan.sarin at securia.se
Mon Aug 21 06:15:01 MST 2006

Hi,

I have lately noticed that we sometimes get choppy sound when recieving
calls from the PSTN (on a TE410P-card) that get sent to an external SIP
extension (over the internet) who has a somewhat bad connection.

The strange thing is that it still sounds good when calling internally
to the SIP-to-SIP. Is there any simple answer to why Zap-to-SIP
(external) sounds bad when there is a bad connection, but SIP-to-SIP
doesn't?

The problem (I think) is not with the card or drivers since the problem
only occurs when the connection is bad and never on our phones that are
on the same internal network with the server.

Thanks!

Regards,
Jan