[asterisk-users] Ignoring PRI call?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon Aug 21 04:42:43 MST 2006

On Sunday 20 August 2006 10:55, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:
>   - If the call received by asterisk from the PRI is sent to a number
> not in the dialplan, what will asterisk do? Will the call be
> cancelled, or will asterisk signal something back to the switch to
> indicate "dunno about this, try another"?

If the call comes in to a context and the DID does not match, Asterisk rejects
the call outright.  I had a patch submitted a LONG time ago (I don't see it
in the tracker anymore) which allowed chan_zap to jump to the context 'i'
extension if no DID matched, but Mark didn't like the idea at the time.

(I think he may have something against consistency, heh)

>   - If the call is received by Asterisk from a wildchar extensions
> like exten => _X.,1,......., will it be possible to signal the switch
> "dunno about this, try another" later in the chain? Since Asterisk's
> current dialplan implementation does not scale wery well, we're doing
> sip user/callerid lookups in mysql from an AGI script and the MYSQL
> app from -addons. Anyway, this means we'll accept all incoming calls
> before handling them (not answering, though, just accepting them to
> the dialplan).

_X. will match any DID, so the dialplan logic will consider it matched.  This
seems logical.  If you want to match something else, make the dialplan do it,
or revive the 'jump to i' issue I brought up so long ago.  :-)

-A.